Friday, November 12, 2010

Sweet Treats

It was a tiring Sunday as I remember. After several days less sleeping, I have to wake up early morning for a freak show of mine, which actually turn out 'not that bad' especially with the plentiful lunch afterward. After all said and done, I went to Dream Mall for Kaohsiung Film Festival 2010 movie. I have bought the ticket almost a month ago, so I really should go despite all the hindrance.

KFF 2010 mascot at Zuoying MRT station

My choice of movies for this year KFF (Kaohsiung Film Festival) is Departure of Love (與愛別離) and Cell 211 (Celda 211). I have watched Departure of Love a day before, it's a Taiwan-origin movie directed by Gavin Lin with the setting of Kaohsiung City. So at Dream Mall that day I watched Cell 211, a 2009 released Spanish prison movie that won a lot of Goya Awards (Spain kind of Oscar). I enjoyed the movie. I like the idea of the story and how they can create such a tense dilemma situation, I also like the chemistry happened between the two main actors yet I'm not very satisfied with the end solution, I was hoping for a twisted plot.

After the movie, I was craving for something sweet on taste and look. The pictures of waffle printed on the flyer of 3皇3家 (3Royalty 3House) seem so good, so I thought why not give them a try. It's a quite homey cafe serving waffle, sandwich, risotto, drink, tea and coffee. They've got various waffle choices from the savory ones like Cheese & Hamburg, Lemon & Butter Chicken, Tuna Salad to the sweet ones like Strawberry & Cream, Mixed Berry Jam, Matcha & Red Bean. For the drink I noticed many unique mixes, such as: Cheese Coffee, Coffee with matcha jelly, Apple juice & Honey Vinegar, Mango Green Tea, Cranberries & Tomato Juice, and many kinds of scented tea.


Flying Ace and I ordered Fruits & Cream waffle, they serve it with mango ice cream and maple syrup. The waffle is good though not extraordinary, but I like it served with all the refreshing toppings.

Fruits & Cream waffle

I think 3皇3家 is quite a big group in Taiwan, owning bubble tea shop and then developing to cafe and restaurant concept, expand all around Taiwan. The price is very cafe-like, pricey as you expected, my waffle cost me 150NT and a drink might cost you around 100-130NT.

Overall, I love my sweet treats of the day, the movie and the waffle.

Place: 高雄市前鎮區中華五路789號-夢時代1F (Dream Mall 1st Floor, No. 789 ZhongHua 5th Rd., Cianjhen District, Kaohsiung City)
Direction: Take the MRT to Kaisyuan (凱旋) MRT Station, then take the free shuttle bus to Dream Mall.
Phone: (07) 9701567 
Website: http://www.3r3h.com.tw/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment