Thursday, November 11, 2010

Beloved Yang Bao Bao (楊寶寶)

Yang Bao Bao

This is my favorite restaurant around Nanzih. The food here always jollies me. And every time I go there, I can feel the same virgin excitement cause it always full of people queuing, especially on the prime lunch or dinner time (OK, I'm a bit exaggerating about the virgin excitement). So, here I am still taking picture after my near to tenth visit, exclusively for this blog! (Regardless my bad experience here once with an insane drama queen lady that accused me for taking picture of her kissing her 'bule', while all I did was taking picture of the queue crowd which she & her boyfriend not even in the frame!)

Picture from the day I was accused by the drama queen lady

So, let me introduce you first to the menu:
There is 14 items listed in the menu.
No.1-3 is the steamed dumpling, available in pork, beef, and vegetable choices.
No. 4 is the fried dumpling.
No. 5-6 is the rolled pancake, available in pork and beef choices.
No. 7 is the scallion pancake.
No. 8 is plain tear-up pancake, quite similar with Roti Canai or Indian Paratha.
No. 9-12 is soup, available in chicken soup, beef soup, Szechuan hot & sour soup, corn thick soup.
The last two is the side dishes where you can take directly from the shelf table or refrigerator.

And let the pictures below speak by themselves (Flying Ace was very happy posing many times):

Pork steamed dumpling (menu item no.1)

The steamed dumpling here reminds me of Shanghai Xiaolongbao (小籠包) because of the soup inside. They also give the instruction on how to eat it exactly like the Xiaolongbao. Not to forget the condiment for dipping also available here such as: ginger, vinegar, chili oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, and so on.

Fried dumpling (menu item no.4)

Beef rolled pancake (menu item no.6)

Plain tear-up pancake (menu item no.8)



Hot & sour soup (menu item no.11)

The house specialty is the steamed dumpling (esp. the pork one) but Flying Ace and I just love the fried dumpling very much. I also love the chicken soup here, but it's sold out that day.

The price as you can see in the menu is not very expensive. My recommendation is for you to go here with a group of friends so all of you can share several items and maybe have a portion of soup for yourself, that may cost you around 70-80NT per person (based on my experience). So, maybe see you here sometimes?

Place: 高雄市楠梓區朝明路106號 (No. 106 ChaoMing Rd., Nanzih District, Kaohsiung City) 
Direction: The nearest MRT station is Metropolitan Park, from exit 1 or 4 take the bus Red 58, 7 or 29, get off at Jiannren Library stop (健仁醫院), then walk around. 
Opening Hours: 11:00-14:00 & 16:00-01:00 
Phone: (07) 351-3322 
Another store: 高雄市楠梓區德賢路151-1號 (No. 1, Lane 151, DeXian Rd., Nanzih District, Kaohsiung City)

()

No comments:

Post a Comment