Thursday, October 14, 2010

One Lazy Noon: Lunch and Saigon Coffee

Now it's Vietnam's turn! This place suddenly struck into my mind when I was searching for a nice place to enjoy my lunch. This place is near my church by a walking distance. It's a cozy-relaxing semi-open-air restaurant named Vietnam Saigon Coffee, modest and casual.


They serve a large range of food from breakfast, main meal, unto snacks with various kinds of beverage. The main meal ranges between 130-200 NTD, including drinks which are under 75 NTD (If you choose the one over 75 NTD, you need to pay additional charge). For main meals they have hotpots, many kinds of pan-fried, deep-fried, stir-fried fish-chicken-pork-beef-mutton-squid served with rice or noodles. For beverages they have Vietnam coffee, Italian coffee, many kinds of fruit tea, juice, and also smoothie!

I've been here once before with friends (again my beloved Wenzao Indonesians). Never thought that this place could be still enjoyable even when I spent time alone. They have the English menu, so I can understand the menu thoroughly. Flying Ace and I ordered a Vietnam noodle with spring-rolls and Saigon Coffee Smoothie for the drink. I gave the menu-list myself to the cashier and paid in advance. And then I grabbed some magazines (about branded-bags and holiday in Bali) to read while waiting for the food and kept reading them during my lunch time. Hmmm...

Saigon Coffee Smoothie
Vietnam noodle with spring-rolls
I like the Saigon Coffee Smoothie I ordered, it's quite special. But for the Vietnam noodle with spring-rolls, it is just so so. Their menu isn't a very authentic-kind of Vietnamese food I guess. And also it's a bit pricey for Vietnamese food standard, my order cost me 140 NTD (maybe my Vietnamese friends will yell and say: Hey, I can make you a five-persons-portion with that money!). But after all, it's a nice place to spend my one lazy noon...

Oh yeah, next time I want to order the Saigon Coffee with ice cream (I saw an uncle next to me ordered that, seems delicious).

Place: 高雄市三民區明仁路61號 (No. 61 MingRen Rd., SanMin District, Kaohsiung City)
Direction: Around Dollar 大樂 at MinZu 1st Rd. 民族一路, behind the McDonalds at MingCheng 2nd Rd. 明誠二路
Opening Hours: 10:00-24:00
Phone: (07)342-3260
Another places: 高雄市三民區慶雲街115號 (No. 115 QingYun St., SanMin District, Kaohsiung City) - a luxurious version
高雄市旗津區廟前路107號 (No. 107 MiaoQian Rd., Cijin District, Kaohsiung City) - Cijin branch

No comments:

Post a Comment