Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Kind of Escape

For me who has lived in the hectic-heady-hedonistic-J-town for almost all my life, I have some criteria when it comes to a place for my escape:

1. It should have an MRT.
For most people who live in J-town, having no car is like having no leg. I don't know how myself manage to live in that city without driving a car (or maybe it's the reason I can survive, do not have to face the insane traffic). And as I've experienced myself many kinds of public transportation in J-town, I have to admit that some of them really aren't made for human. Despite all the ugly physical appearances, they're really having fatal issues on attitude and punctuality.
So actually it's not necessarily an MRT. What I mean is it should has a decent public transportation. So far my favorite is MRT. I think it's an affordable luxury and I still have this feeling of coolness as if I'm part of a movie scene every time I take the MRT.

2. It should not be a big metropolitan city.
I'm literally tired living in J-town, not only due to the total traffic jam whenever and wherever you go, but also so tired of being alert every time and every where, without ever knowing who is wicked and who is not. As well tired of all the act of chasing and being chased by the glamorous lifestyle, the coercing trend, it's been such a pressure.
I simply want a slow down, a place where I can feel that the clock stop ticking and a day is more than 24 hours. I want a place where we can help the old grandma crossing the street (sounds familiar, huh?! something you've learned long time ago back in primary school - in PMP or PPKN moral subject, but you've never got a chance to put it on practice). I want to see parks, I want to see stars, I want a space to walk.

3. It should still have all the city attractions.
OK, this sounds a bit conflicting with the point above, but it's not. Anyhow, I'm still this big city girl. Growing up in J-town with all the hustle bustle and all kind of entertainments, I can't resist the need of it. I want a place with many nice coffee shops, jazz bars, film festivals, concerts, art performances, exhibitions, and so on and so on.


So, here I found this city of Kaohsiung (as I've mentioned before as KH-town). I love this city since my very first visit (March 2009). I can clearly reminisce the deserted MRT when I first stepped in and the artistic feeling as I walked through the Love River.


And though I'm in this resent-mood for my hometown, I miss the people! I wish to share and experience things with them together here. I've tried to persuade some of them to pay me a visit, but still no one could have made it 'til now. So, in this urge need of sharing, I decided to better write a blog so I can share pieces of my life here with the whole world.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance" ~ Unknown

1 comment:

  1. a girl who ever cried bcos of the hectic-heady-hedonistic-J-townOctober 3, 2010 at 8:46 PM

    can i put thousands 'like' on this page? :p
    totally true!
    and i envy u, dare to try finding pieces of peace outside!
    hope i'll find mine someday :)

    ReplyDelete